Dictionary: Letter Z
CTRL + F to search this page
- The missile zeroed in on the building .
2 (insep) (issue, problem, subject) Concentrate on something.
- Scientists from around the world continue to zero in on a cure for HIV.
- Advertisers zero in on a specific audience by sponsoring a particular program.
- He zipped by in his car.
- I'll just zip out and buy the newspaper.
- Can you help me zip up this dress?
- My brother was stopped for speeding and moaned that other drivers were zooming past but only he was being booked.
zoom off (insep) Leave in a hurry.
- They stayed a bit longer, just to be polite, and then they just zoomed off.
- Zoom in on those flowers; they're really pretty.
- Use the zoom slider control on the left side of the map to zoom out.