Dictionary: letter O
CTRL + F to search this page | + examples in Build
- Blood was oozing out from the wound.
- Open out the discussion so that students can contribute to the discussion using personal experience.
- Police! Open up!
- They're opening up new stores in many parts of the country.
2 (insep) talk about your feelings or what you really think
- One challenge when it comes to dating a guy is getting him to open up.
- Customers can opt in to the programme at a level that suits them.
- They were invited to opt in to the project.
- The contract allowed him to opt out after two years
- What really gets me is the way he thinks he can order me about.
- The army was ordered in to disperse the demonstrators.
2 (insep) order food to eat at home
- Let's order in tonight.
- Players who are not properly attired will be ordered off the field by the referee.
- Taxis in a dangerous condition have been ordered off the road following random safety checks.
- One of the defense lawyers was ordered out of the court for disrupting trial sessions.
- The journalist has been ordered out of the country.
- In the old days, if the guilty student didn't own up, all the class was punished.
- He finally owned up and admitted that he had committed the crime.